Type C sports gaming wagers can be placed in-person at bars, restaurants, and other eligible Ohio Lottery retailers throughout the State. Wagering will be available through self-service or clerk operated terminals within each venue.
A type C sports gaming host location will only accept wagers from a patron who is 21 years of age and physically present in the facility. Patrons will be required to show a valid form of ID for age verification prior to placing a wager.
Each sportsbook proprietor will have player directions and House Rules built into their kiosk machines to assist players. This information will also be available through their website.
- The help screens will offer quick and easy directions to:
- Navigate available events and wager types
- Select desired teams and enter wager amounts
- Fund your wagers (cash, credit/debit, etc.)
- Redeem winning tickets
- The House Rules will provide the general terms and conditions that each sportsbook is offering. Players should always refer to the House Rules when they have questions on a sportsbook’s solution. The House Rules will include, but are not limited to:
- Wager rules by sporting league
- Minimum and maximum bet amounts
- Process for handling voided tickets or cancelled events
- Unclaimed tickets have an expiration date of 180 days from the end of the event
- Tickets are valid once the player leaves the writing station
- Dispute and complaint processes
House Rules will describe how a player may redeem their prizes. This will vary based on the Sportsbook Proprietor. *Please note, not all cashing options may be available at each host location. This will be based on the proprietor partnership, and the cashing solutions being offered. Click here to view full cashing options available for each sportsbook.
- Players may have these options for claiming winning tickets:
- Cashing prizes at the host location where the wager was placed or at an affiliated host location of the same proprietor (if offered)
- Mailing claims directly to the sportsbook vendor for payment (address on the back of each ticket)
- Claiming at an Ohio Lottery office
- Placing the winnings back on the terminal as a credit voucher to play again
- Crediting the winnings to a credit card, debit card, or electronic payment account used to place the wager (if those cashless options are offered)
- Cash winnings using the Ohio Lottery Mobile Cashing App (if offered by the select proprietor)